Bill Wilcox (1923-2013) was an original resident of Oak Ridge, TN, and served as the Official Historian for the City of Oak Ridge, TN.
A chemistry graduate from Washington & Lee University in 1943, he was hired by the Tennessee Eastman Company on a secret project in an unknown location he and his friends nicknamed "Dogpatch." He worked with uranium, which was referred to only by its codename "Tuballoy." Wilcox worked at Y-12 for five years and then at K-25 for 20 years, retiring as Technical Director for Union Carbide Nuclear Division.
Wilcox actively promoted preservation of the history of the "Secret City" through the Oak Ridge Heritage & Preservation Association and by founding the Partnership for K-25 Preservation. He also published several books on Oak Ridge, including a history of Y-12 and "Opening the Gates of the Secret City."